Monday, March 9, 2009

Raw Family

I just found a great new website for raw eating, called Raw Family (rawfamily.com).  I have read numerous web sites about the book from Victoria Boutenko, Green For Life, and now I want to buy it and like four of the other books from this website.  The youtube videos are very cool, too.  

Are you girls drinking your Green Smoothies every morning?  
I have had one every single morning religiously since I started in Jan and I cannot say enough about them!  They are delicious, healthy, convenient, easy and filling.  I don't have to worry about food until lunch and I know I am getting some huge benefits from them.  I even usually make enough to have a smoothie for each of the kids and another one for me the next day.  It's awesome.  

I did learn one new thing from this web site about green smoothies and that is to rotate your greens.  Have a smoothie with kale one morning, spinach the next, purple kale another day, wild greens another, etc. etc.  They also say not to overload your smoothie with too many different fruits or greens and to NOT add vegetables to the smoothie.  I think I overload it with many different greens and tons of different fruits but will try to simplify it tomorrow.  

They also showed some easy recipes for eating raw and I really need this.  I bought a raw recipe cook book and the ingredients in it are weird things that I've never heard of and would have to hunt down just to make one recipe.  The ones on this rawfamily web site seem to be very straight forward and use basic ingredients.  I will have to splurge and buy a book or two and let you know how they are!  

No comments:

Post a Comment